I don’t usually find new liqueurs terribly interesting, but the new Kahlua Cinnamon Spice is a great addition to anyone’s liquor cabinet. Reminiscent of my favorite coffee drink in Mexico, Cafe de Olla, Kahlua Cinnamon Spice takes the classic Kahlua coffee base and adds cinnamon, cloves and brown sugar to create a spirit that is literally Christmas in a glass. In fact, it inspired me so much that I created this delicious eggnog recipe to showcase just how versatile Kahlua Cinnamon Spice truly can be. This recipe yields eight 4oz portions, but feel free to double or triple the recipe for your holiday parties this year. Trust me, you’ve got to try this one.
Kahlua Cinnamon Spice Holiday Eggnog
- 4 large eggs
- 6 oz granulated sugar
- 1 tsp freshly-grated nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp clove
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 oz Martell VSOP cognac
- 2 oz Kahlua Cinnamon Spice liqueur
- 4 oz Jameson Irish whiskey
- 12 oz whole milk
- 8 oz heavy cream
- In a mixer fitted with a whip attachment or a blender, blend the eggs for 1 minute.
- Add sugar and spices and blend for an additional 30 seconds to incorporate.
- Slowly add the cognac, Kahlua and Jameson, blend another 30 seconds.
- Add the milk and cream and blend 1 minute more. Cover and refrigerate.
This recipe is better made a day ahead to allow the flavors to combine.
To serve, portion 4 oz of eggnog in a teacup, grate fresh nutmeg or cinnamon over the top (optional) and serve.